Breathing Apparatus Wearer
This course will suit newly appointed Firefighters. The delegates will experience the practical and theoretical aspects of Breathing Apparatus in accordance with the current Fire Service OGBA (Operational Guidance Breathing Apparatus). Once deemed competent they will form part of an operational Breathing Apparatus team carrying out realistic search and rescue.
To provide the necessary knowledge, understanding and practical skills that
are required to work as part of Breathing Apparatus team, through delivery of a
structured learning program (SLP).
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates are required to verify they have been medically assessed, and deemed fit and able to undertake course activities prior to attendance. To gain access airside, all students must be in possession of either a valid passport or photo type driving licence.
At the end of the course candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a Breathing Apparatus Wearer
- Demonstrate the importance of effective team work
- Understand the physical restraints of Breathing Apparatus
- Demonstrate the required skills of a Breathing Apparatus wearer when working in heat and smoke
- Demonstrate and be fully conversant with all aspects of Breathing Apparatus procedures in accordance with OGBA (Operational Guidance Breathing Apparatus).
For more information or to book please click here
You can also find out more or secure your place on a course by emailing [email protected] or calling (0191) 214 3337.