Last updated 13th March 2018.
NIAL is registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. Any personal information collected by NIAL is handled in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. NIAL may use and share that personal information as set out in this policy.
Personal information is collected by NIAL as follows: -
- Website Newsletter - NIAL collects personal information (email address and post code only) when you subscribe to our newsletter. Your details may then be used by NIAL and other Newcastle International Airport group companies to provide you with information about the airport and related goods and services, and also for statistical purposes. You can choose to opt out of our newsletters at any time by clicking on the opt-out in our newsletters or by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NIAL Product Bookings - Personal information is also collected to facilitate Car Park bookings, Security Fast Track bookings and Airport Lounge bookings. That information is used as follows: -
- To provide the necessary information to ensure provision of a good customer experience when using these products. For Airport Lounge bookings only, your booking data will be sent electronically to our partner responsible for operating the Airport Lounge (Name, number in party, time and date of arrival at lounge, flight number, value of booking).
- For statistical purposes, for example, assessing quantity of bookings per post code area, or quantity of bookings per airline / destination.
- Your email address may be used to send you product upgrade offers, although you can opt out of this option during the booking process, or by using the unsubscribe option provided in the email offer.
- NIAL’s websites contain links to other websites, which may collect personal information. Please note that NIAL is not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites.
NIAL collects information about the NIAL website pages that have been accessed through your computer. This helps us to identify frequently visited website pages, enabling improvement of the user experience. Upon entry to the websites your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie (a small text file that identifies your computer within our server). Cookies identify only the computer, and do not identify the individual user. Cookies are used as follows: -
- Google Analytics – we use this to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience e.g. usage of website pages. User data is completely anonymous.
- Google Pay Per Click advertising – if you search Google for car parking websites, click on one of our advertisements, then use the NIAL car park booking engine to book Car Parking services, once you arrive at the ‘Thank you page’, the cookie is used to record a successful booking. This enables NIAL to judge the level of success of Google advertising campaigns.
- Re-marketing - if you use the NIAL car park booking engine to obtain a quotation for car parking, but do not book car parking, cookies are used to enable advertisements to be displayed subsequently when you visit other websites, as reminders to book your car parking. This is termed "online behavioural advertising". More information can be found at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/including how to turn off this feature.
You may set your browser to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies. Should you choose the last option your experience of using our websites may be impaired. You can learn more about cookies at http://www.aboutcookies.org
We use a CCTV system across the estate and images are monitored and recorded for the purposes of crime prevention, operational management and public safety.
By using our websites, you consent to the placing of cookies and the use of data about you by NIAL in the manner and for the purposes set out above. You can tell us about a change to your consent through your browser settings (for cookies) and through opting out of emails.
If you have any questions about this policy, the practices of this website, or your use of this website, please email email@example.com or write to: -
Corporate Affairs Department
Newcastle International Airport
Newcastle upon Tyne