Demand sees Jet2.com and Jet2holidays expand Summer 22 programme from Newcastle Airport, with more destinations and flights added
Just one week after launching an exciting Summer 22 programme from Newcastle Airport, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has put on 150 additional flights to a range of popular hotspots in response to demand for Summer 22 holidays.
On top of this, the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist has also added three fantastic city break destinations for local holidaymakers to enjoy in Summer 22 – Rome, Krakow and Prague. This means that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has 35 sun and city destinations on sale from Newcastle Airport for Summer 22.
Since announcing its Summer 22 programme last week, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has seen strong demand from customers looking to get away for some much-needed sunshine. The company has been quick to respond to this and has today announced additional flights, representing thousands of additional seats, to the following twelve destinations: Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Malaga, Alicante, Reus, Palma (Majorca), Faro, Antalya, Dalaman, Kos and Rhodes.
This represents almost 150 additional flights in total, giving customers fantastic choice when it comes to reaching their favourite summer destinations. (A full breakdown of weekly services is provided below.)
In addition, three city break destinations have been added to the company’s Summer 22 programme, giving customers the chance to explore Rome, Krakow and Prague. Customers can choose a flight-only with Jet2.com or a package option with Jet2CityBreaks available for a low £60 per person deposit. Package options with Jet2CityBreaks include flights with Jet2.com including 22kg free hold luggage and 10kg of free cabin baggage, transfers to and from the airport, as well as a choice of hotels in the best locations.
On the back of this expansion, key highlights from Newcastle Airport for Summer 22 with Jet2.com, Jet2holidays and Jet2CityBreaks includes:
City Break destinations:
- Rome – up to two weekly services (Monday and Friday) operating from 29th April until 28th
- Krakow - up to two weekly services (Monday and Friday) operating from 29th April until 28th
- Prague - twice weekly services (Monday and Friday) operating from 14th until 28th
- Turkey – up to 18 weekly services departing to four destinations in the Turkish sunshine. This includes Antalya (up to six weekly services), Bodrum (up to two weekly services), Dalaman (up to nine weekly services) and Izmir (weekly services).
- Canary Islands - huge choice with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries, meaning up to 18 weekly services in total. This includes up to eight weekly services to Tenerife, up to five weekly services to Lanzarote, up to two weekly services to Fuerteventura and up to three services to Gran Canaria, offering unrivalled choice.
- Mainland Spain - up to 20 weekly services during peak periods, with four destinations in Mainland Spain to choose from. This includes Reus (up to three weekly services), Alicante (up to nine weekly services), Malaga (up to seven weekly services) and Girona (weekly services).
- Balearic Islands - great choice and flexibility to Palma (Majorca) (up to 14 weekly services), Ibiza (up to six weekly services) and Menorca (up to three weekly services).
- Greece - with nine Greek hotspots on sale, customers have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some Greek sunshine whether that’s in Crete (Heraklion) (up two weekly services), Corfu (up to two weekly services), Kefalonia (weekly services), Skiathos (weekly services), Santorini (weekly services), Kos (up to two weekly services), Rhodes (up to two weekly services), Halkidiki (weekly services) or Zante (up to three weekly services).
- Cyprus - continued popularity means up to two weekly services to Larnaca and Paphos.
- Portugal - plenty of choice with up to eight weekly services to Faro (Algarve) and weekly services to the Portuguese island of Madeira.
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) – up to two weekly services operating to the Balkan sunshine.
- Croatia – weekly services to Dubrovnik.
- Malta – weekly services operating during Summer 22.
- Jersey – weekly services to the largest of the Channel Islands for Summer 22, following the recent launch of flights and holidays for Summer 21.
As well as booking and travelling on award-winning flights and ATOL protected package holidays from Newcastle Airport, customers get to experience and enjoy the company’s VIP customer service which has seen Jet2.com and Jet2holidays repeatedly win high-profile accolades such as Which? Recommended Provider and TripAdvisor’s Best Airline – UK and Top 10 Airlines of the World.
This VIP customer service includes friendly flight times and a generous 22kg baggage allowance through a flight-only booking with Jet2.com, which saw the airline win five accolades at the 2020 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice® Awards for Airlines; or that very same VIP customer service, in-resort Customer Helpers, transfers, free child places and ATOL protection with the UK’s second largest tour operator, Jet2holidays.
The company has continued this customer-first strategy throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, winning praise from customers, consumer organisations, media, and independent travel agents for how it has looked after customers affected by programme changes. This includes Jet2.com and Jet2holidays ranking as the number one and two travel firms for providing refunds, according to a travel refund cancellation survey of more than 77,000 people by MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE). In addition, Jet2.com was recognised as the only UK airline to promptly provide refunds without significant backlogs, following a review by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We know there is a lot of pent up demand, and since putting our Summer 22 programme on sale we have been very encouraged by the number of bookings coming through from customers and independent travel agents in the North East. Customers clearly want their all-important holidays to look forward to, so we have responded quickly by adding thousands of additional seats to a range of brilliant hotspots from Newcastle Airport. We haven’t stopped there though, and we are delighted to be adding three fantastic city break destinations for Summer 22 too. The response to our Summer 22 programme shows how much customers want to get away with an award-winning airline and tour operator to the sunshine.”