Business Partner Vacancies
The business partners of Newcastle International Airport offer a diverse range of exciting job opportunities. Business partners include our catering outlets and shops, ground handling teams, car hire services and many more.
Browse the available jobs below:
Job types: Supervisory, Full and Part Time Vacancies available
Salary: Competitive rates of pay
The Naked Deli is an expanding Healthy Food and Beverage company with exciting opportunities arising for motivated full and part time Food & Beverage Assistants. We take great pride in giving our customers the best possible service and experience when purchasing food and beverages from any of our Deli’s. We have an amazing team here at The Naked Deli and we are on an exciting pathway due to future expansion plans.
We are looking for fun, energetic, hardworking and committed individuals who have proven excellent customer service standards and ideally have experience in the food and beverage industry.
Your main aim will be to carry out a range of catering duties, ensuring a high quality of service is provided at all times.
You will also:
- Work on till systems
- Assist with food and drink preparation
- Serve food and beverages to customers
- Deliver high standards of customer service
- Follow cash handling procedures
Who we’re looking for to be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have a proven track record to deliver exceptional customer service
- Have good people skills enabling effective relationships both externally and internally to be built and maintained
- Be willing to embrace initiatives in menu development and procedures
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be well presented
- Can work on your own and in teams
- Be available to work throughout the week, evenings and weekends due to the opening times of the airport.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and provide valid right to work in the UK
Please note only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.
If you are interested, please contact Suzanne Fox at:
A vacancy has arisen for a multi skilled Ground Handling Operative within our busy cargo operation based in Newcastle.
Salary: £18,200 basic per annum plus bonus. Total earning opportunity of £22,800 per annum.
- Ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of the cargo operation
- Warehouse background including FLT ideally
- Proven customer service to a high level
- Customer focus
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Team player yet capable of individual action
- Excellent time management and planning ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- Safety driven
- Support the daily running of the facility, whilst maintaining high levels of customer service
- Support the second in command in all required areas including ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies
- Load & offload cargo to and from vehicles
- Identify damaged cargo, and short delivered cargo, and take all necessary actions as per Company and customer requirement
- Creating and updating of consignments in the computer systems
- Assist HMRC and other regulatory bodies as required
- Operate mobile and fixed equipment including fork lift trucks, pallet handling systems, waste management machinery etc.
- To undertake any other duties as required by management, commensurate with the grade of the post
- Promote at all times the Vision, Mission, Values of dnata
Hours of Work
- 42 per week. Shift roster patterns include earlies and lates between 06:00 to 22:00 and weekends 06:00 to 14:00, must have flexibility
- Flexibility required
If you believe you have the drive and enthusiasm required, apply in writing with an up to date CV and covering letter advising why you are suitable for this position to:
Robert Strachan, Team Manager at: [email protected]
Successful applicants will be shortlisted for interview, and must have the legal right to work in the UK. Internal candidates - please ensure you have informed your manager of your application
Closing Date: Sunday 16th September 2018
- 1 x 16 hours per week, permanent
- 1 x 18 hours per week, permanent
- with flexibility to work additional hours.
- £7.20 per hour for under 21's
- £7.90 per hour for aged 21 or over
- Plus an additional £0.30 per hour location allowance.
This is a retail role with a difference, as you’ll be joining the Dixons Travel team airside within the airport. It’s an incredibly vibrant, fast-paced and cosmopolitan setting – where our customers are looking for expert advice, great products and quick transactions (no-one wants to miss their flight).
We’ll expect you to offer a warm welcome to everyone who steps in store. You’ll need to build a quick rapport with the customer and a fast understanding of their needs, by asking the right questions, even when there’s a bit of a language barrier. Then, you’ll share your passion and knowledge for the products – using demonstrations to bring features and benefits to life, and then make the sale. When your help is needed you’ll also support your colleagues in other store roles to ensure we deliver on profits and targets.
You can look forward to stand out training and development opportunities, which will build your skills and keep your product knowledge up to date. And if you impress us here, there are diverse career paths to explore across the wider Dixons Carphone group.
If you need a role that fits around your life, our shift patterns can offer flexible options to keep you doing the things you love outside of work or working around a busy family life.
We offer one of the best packages in retail, with benefits including commission, holiday, pension scheme and great discounts. The airport rewards are pretty special too. All Sales Consultants can earn financial bonuses based on sales. As an average our current teams are earning up to an extra £4 an hour in commission!
What are we looking for from you? Great customer service and a helpful, friendly personality are a must. You’ll be someone who takes pride in your ability to match customers to the products they really need.
Above all, you have to share our passion for achieving amazing things – for our customers, colleagues and ourselves.
Interested? Bring your passion, click here to make amazing happen.