Newcastle International Airport offer a diverse range of exciting job opportunities. As a leading airport company we can offer a huge variety of airport jobs. We recruit highly motivated, enthusiastic and forward thinking people to make our airport one of the best about.
- To control and direct resources ensuring manpower are adequate and deployed efficiently within the Lounge and within agreed budgetary limits
- To ensure staff are recruited and trained to provide an uninterrupted and consistent ‘on-brand’ level of service and targeted sales to guests.
- Display exceptional leadership skills; inspire and motivate staff to deliver an exceptionally high standard of service, drive sales initiatives, and increase the Aspire brand presence within a retail environment.
- Work with the Travel Services Department, business partners and agencies, to seek out and implement local marketing initiatives to maximise revenue streams
- Develop commercially advantageous relationships with the Airport Authority and key members of the Airport retail environment.
- Identify and develop good relationships with key corporate users and potential customers in the local area to increase awareness, utilisation and regularity of custom.
- To control cost of sales within budgetary constraints and increase point-of-sales revenues to deliver against the corporate annual projection. Spot trends, audit and report on potential improvements/developments.
- Generate and motivate the Lounge team to market and increase ancillary revenue streams such as walk up sales, champagne packages and enhanced food offerings.
- Provide support and guidance to other Lounge businesses in the region
- Evidence of people management skills including leaderships, employee relations, negotiation and communications.
- Experience of managing a medium to large team in a retail driven environment
- Experience within a highly focussed sales and service environment that consistently delivers the highest possible standards
- Attention to detail with a focus on the exacting standard expected from a high end premium product
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
Remuneration will include an element of performance-related pay to be discussed at interview. The role will demand flexible working both on shift and off line.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please advise your manager and apply in writing, including a current CV to: Shaun Weston, Director Travel Services, Servisair UK Limited, Hampton Court, Manor Park, Runcorn, WA7 1TT
Closing date for applications: Monday 23rd December 2013
WFS, the world’s largest airfreight handler, is seeking a part time Agent to work at their Newcastle Airport cargo facility.
The applicant must have strong PC skills, and the ability to work as a part of a team or on own initiative. Excellent communication skills, a customer focused, friendly and enthusiastic attitude is required. Must also possess the ability to work to deadlines and high standards under pressure.
Physical lifting/handling will be required within the warehouse environment, this will entail working indoors and outdoors. A counter balance forklift license is preferable. An understanding of Aviation security would be an advantage.
In line with the Aviation Security (Air Cargo Agents) Regulations 1993 and the Aviation and Maritime Security Act 1990, we are required to undertake pre-employment checks covering the past 5 years.
This position is for 20hours per week, 14:30-18:30 Monday- Friday, some flexibility required.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date 20th December
This position involves:
- Working to deadlines
- Customer service
- Cash Handling
- Must be able to drive due to unsociable hours
- Must be at least 18 due to unsociable hours
All applicants must forward current CV and cover letter FAO Mark Curry Newcastle.Training@jdplc.com
Eagle Bar Diner situated within the Departure Lounge at Newcastle Airport are looking for EXPERIENCED COOKS (COMMIS CHEFS)
Applicants should have experience working in a similar high volume, fast casual kitchen environment, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen during service and to ensure that the company standards are maintained at all times.
The ideal Cook will have good attention to detail, the ability to work individually and as part of a team plus experience and training in various food styles. Strong Communication skills are essential for this role.
Please note all successful candidates are required to provide a full 5-year reference history and undergo a Criminal Record Check to comply with all Airport Security regulations.
Benefits and Incentives
In addition to a starting rate of pay of £6.80p/hr, SSP employees receive 28 days holiday, free meals on duty, free uniform, discounts off other SSP brands and lots of training and development opportunities for your future career progression into Chef de Partie roles. There is also an incentive scheme in place to earn an extra 50p p/hr for overachieving sales budget by 1%.
Please apply attaching a copy of your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Status: Full Time
Company: Traveller (NCL) Limited
Salary: Exceeds NMW
Traveller (NCL) Ltd own and operate a large fashion based retail outlet at Newcastle International Airport. We are currently looking to appoint a Full Time Senior Sales Assistant.
- Applicants should possess a good education with excellent numeracy and literacy skills, and be able to articulate themselves at any level.
- You should have a proven track record in sales and be able to demonstrate this in your work.
- Previous experience in the fashion retail sector is essential.
- Applicants should be able to give examples of leading and motivating a team.
Other points for applicant’s consideration include:
- Airport retail opening hours are extenuous requiring shift work including very early morning or late evening hours meaning independent transport is necessary.
Shop Opening hours range from Monday-Sunday – 3am-10pm
APPLICANT MUST BE FULLY FLEXIBLE
Working within the Airport environment requires employees to pass criminal record checks and be able to supply a professional / educational history stretching back 5 years.
Interested applicants should forward their CV with enclosing information to email@example.com
Due to number of applicants you will not be contacted unless successfully through to interview stage.
Full and Part Time
£7.10 per Hour
Caffe Ritazza provides great tasting coffee and delicious fresh food all served in an inviting and modern setting, allowing customers to relax in comfort and take a break from the outside world with a touch of indulgence
Our team leaders are dedicated to making every customer's experience the best it can be. Whether you're serving up the perfect sandwich or making sure no one is kept waiting, you'll make sure our good reputation for customer service stays that way.
You'll be an example for your team; a leader and role model with a hands-on approach and sense of responsibility that means no job goes unfinished. You will lead the shift, ensuring that the unit and brand standards are met consistently. Your drive, determination, people management skills and excellent customer focus will be invaluable to your manager.
We look for energetic and driven individuals when recruiting for team leader: people who aren’t afraid of a challenge, who are ambitious and crave the opportunity to work and grow within a vibrant and successful business. As with all of our roles, you will be given the opportunity to take part in learning and development programmes that allow you to work towards nationally recognised qualifications, as well as potential promotion into management.
To apply send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org