Newcastle International Airport offer a diverse range of exciting job opportunities. As a leading airport company we can offer a huge variety of airport jobs. We recruit highly motivated, enthusiastic and forward thinking people to make our airport one of the best about.
- Based at our head office in Newcastle upon Tyne you will manage the buying for the menswear department and travel accessories.
- You will manage performance, maximizing profitability and sell-through influencing every step of the retail journey from selection to sale, including VM and POS.
- Your knowledge and passion for menswear, and sense of fun and excitement, will allow you to source new brands and products, become an expert in selection, and drive the creative direction of the department.
- Your attention to detail and analysis of statistics, will enable you to identify and maximise sales and margin.
- Your charisma, tenacity and resilience will enable you to build strong relationships with brands and suppliers, and negotiate the very best terms for the company.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You will have a flair for fashion and menswear, and a background in fashion buying, preferably garnered from a recognised UK based multi-brand retailer.
- You will need to think like an entrepreneur and be very commercially aware with an acute analytical understanding of the product and the market.
- You will be a strong negotiator with the ability to influence and motivate those around you and drive your department.
- Creative, innovative, very adaptive and with lots of energy you will take a senior role in our small management team and rapidly expanding company.
Airport Retail UK Limited is part of Airport Retail Group, a Norwegian company with Duty Free and Fashion Stores throughout Scandinavia. In the UK we trade under the fascia name of Traveller and retail premium brands such as Boss, Barbour, Superdry, French Connection, Esprit, Joules, The North Face, Vila, Numph, Gant etc. Our goal is become the number one multi-brand Airport Fashion Retailer in the UK. Over the last 2 years we have undergone a rapid growth program and have opened new stores at Newcastle International Airport, Belfast International Airport, East Midlands Airport and Bristol Airport. In 2016 we are opening another Traveller store at Edinburgh Airport along with licensed mono brand stores for Michael Kors and Max Mara Weekend.
The successful applicant will be joining a relatively small and intimate management team at offices based in Newcastle International Airport. They will enjoy a career that provides exciting experiences and inspiring challenges and will see how their decisions quickly and directly influence the success of the company. They also know that progression is a very real prospect with potential for management of further buying departments as their career progresses.
Basic Salary £20K - £24K based on experience, plus great potential bonus earnings and generous staff discount.
Airport Regulations require successful candidates to pass Criminal Record Checks and supply a professional/educational history of 5 years without any gaps longer than 2 weeks. We are unable to consider any applicants that would be unable to fulfill these criteria.
Interested parties should forward their C.V. and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Due to the expected number of applicants, unsuccessfully candidates will not be contacted.
Starting Salary - £14,600
An opportunity has arisen to recruit a Grounds & Maintenance Assistant to assist our busy Engineering department. This is a perfect opportunity for a candidate who enjoys working outdoors and has a passion for grounds and general maintenance.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Technician, this role will apply first class grounds maintenance skills to ensure that both airside and landside aerodrome facilities are adequately maintained in accordance with the needs of the business, whilst meeting regulatory standards. The role also includes other job associated with the operations of the business e.g. general building maintenance and assisting the Snow Team during the winter season.
You will be highly motivated and willing to adopt a hardworking and pro-active approach to work. You will be someone who can demonstrate high standards of working, initiative and the ability to work alone and as part of a team. In addition to this you will be a confident and articulate communicator, who has the ability to successfully engage with a wide variety of people as well as build effective relationships and deliver excellent customer service.
The successful candidate will have experience of grounds maintenance, along with experience of general building maintenance e.g. painting or joinery. Applicants should possess proficient IT and literacy skills.
Applicants who have applied for this role in October 2015 & were unsuccessful at either the application stage or interview should not re-apply.
To apply, click on the link below to download a copy of our application form. On completion, please send this to; HR Department, Newcastle International Airport Ltd, Woolsington, NE13 8BZ or alternatively scan and e-mail your application to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 27 November 2015
Are you passionate about providing exceptional customer service?
As a Sales Assistant with Cuba Lily Tax Free you will have a good knowledge of all our products
throughout the store. We have a whole range of exciting brands including PANDORA, Swarovski, Thomas Sabo, Links of London, Daisy London and many more.
Assistants can build an instant rapport with customers whether it is recommending the perfect bracelet for that last minute beach break or suggesting the ideal charm for that special someone.
Passion, enthusiasm and hard work are all qualities possessed by a good Sales Assistant and, if this is you, then apply to become a valuable member of an energetic and vibrant company.
If you have experience within retail and a passion for customer service then we would love to hear from you.
Please note all of our roles are on a rolling shift basis, and you will need to be flexible for 2am openings. The Metro service to the airport is not operational at this time so your own transport is essential.
Please send CV applications to email@example.com, indicating whether you are interested in either full time or part time work.
Salary £6.70 plus commission
Job Type 1 X Part Time Permanent 18 hours and 1 X Part Time Permanent 24 hours
Can you help to deliver the highest service levels in the fastest paced stores? Within Dixons Carphone, our Dixons Travel business is one of the most challenging and rewarding environments, and we’re currently looking for a Sales Advisor to join us.
Summary of the role
Based in the exciting and busy departures terminal at the airport, you'll be ensuring customers have a great experience in the store and finding the right product for them. Dixons Travel customers are looking for expert advice, great products and quick transactions. You will do this by understanding their needs, asking the right questions, sharing your passion and knowledge and bringing products to life through demonstrations. You will also work across all areas of the store as needed to support your colleagues in delivering an excellent customer experience and store profit targets.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are passionate about providing great customer service from the initial greeting right through to making sure they have an excellent experience. So if you like helping people and have an interest in technology, then Dixons Carphone would love to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
You will be the face of Dixons Travel greeting customers and making them feel welcome in our store, and you will:
- Provide advice & guidance to customers to help them find the right product & services to meet their needs
- Learning about our products and services through our excellent in-house training
- Ensuring that all customers are happy with service both during the sale and after they have left the store
- Resolving customer queries and complaints brilliantly and in a timely, efficient and friendly manner
- Ensuring that all our store standards are achieved
- Providing support in other areas of the store as required
What will Dixons Carphone do for me?
As a market leading specialist within the technology and electrical retail market we pride ourselves on providing a first class shopping experience for our customers with engaging and knowledgeable members of staff and in order to achieve this we offer:-
- A first class continued colleague training programme covering both career development and product knowledge
- 5.8 weeks annual leave (including statutory bank holiday)
- Colleague discount from Dixons Travel, Currys, PC World and Carphone Warehouse nationwide.
- 30% discount on your mobile phone bills
- Most of all we provide exciting environment with excellent career prospects
We’re offering the most exciting opportunity in retail at the moment – and as you’d expect it’s an incredibly busy time to join Europe’s largest specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer. Our focus is on helping customers navigate the connected world by offering a comprehensive range of electrical and mobile products, all supported by expert after sales service. With annual sales in excess of £10 billion, both online and across a network of nearly 3,000 stores, we are the best place for consumers to come and enhance their connected world; and it all starts with you.
To join an innovative and fun new retailer for a digital age, apply today.
Our preferred candidate would ideally have their own vehicle and be able to drive, due to our store opening at 4am and closing at 10pm.
To apply visit http://www.dixonscareers.com