Newcastle International Airport offer a diverse range of exciting job opportunities. As a leading airport company we can offer a huge variety of airport jobs. We recruit highly motivated, enthusiastic and forward thinking people to make our airport one of the best about.
Salary: £6.75 per hour or £7.25 per hour with PCV Licence
We are looking to recruit and train a number of seasonal workers to join our car park team to provide operational support to all of our ‘on’ and ‘off’ site car parking facilities.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate that they possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, as well as a flexible ‘can do’ attitude towards work. The applicant is required to be physically capable of carrying out manual handling activities.
All applicants need to hold a full UK driving licence. A PCV licence is desirable but not essential.
To apply for this position please follow the links provided to download a Job Description and Application Form. Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently looking to develop approximately 50 people interested in gaining employment within the aviation security profession.
Successful applicants will be enrolled on a 3 week training course, starting in April & May 2015. Following which and on successful completion they will be awarded the nationally recognised City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in ‘Aviation Ground Security’.
In addition, on passing the course each delegate will be: -
- Guaranteed employment as a Security Officer (£6.85 per hour)
- Awarded additional staged payments to cover their training commitment
At Newcastle International Airport Ltd we work as a team every day. We need people who are upbeat, proactive and who are able to effectively interact with colleagues and customers, delivering excellent customer service at all times. As well as this, we need people who are flexible about when they work so we can cover our 24/7 operation. We are interested to hear from applicants who would like to consider full and part-time working on a shift basis, with an emphasis on early morning starts.
If you possess the ability to learn, are able to adopt a flexible approach to work and demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. We want to hear from you!
To apply please download our application form and ensure it is submitted ASAP, as demand is expected to be high (female applicants are particularly encouraged). Please send your completed application forms to; HR Department, Newcastle International Airport, Woolsington, NE13 8BZ or alternatively e-mail; email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 6 April 2015
Fixed Term Contract until end of Sept 2015 with possibility of extension thereafter.
Rate of Pay - £7.66 per hour (£6.50 plus £1.16 per hour unsociable payment).
This is a highly physical role that will involve moving stock from stockroom through security control and then replenishing our stores within the airport.
Shift patterns involve working throughout the night from 22:30pm until 06:30am. Four days out of seven. However, you must be fully flexible across seven days.
Previous experience of working within a stock/ replenishment role would be desirable.
In order to be able to work at the airport you must have five years of continuous references.
Do you thrive in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same, then look no further.
We are looking for exceptional individuals used to working in a customer focused environment and highlighting promotions to join our store.
Working in a team you will play an active role in providing a positive customer experience and driving sales.
- To always deliver a friendly service, smiling, greeting and making eye contact with every customer you come into contact with
- Working on tills accurately and efficiently, to provide a positive customer experience.
- Carry out stock replenishment, ensuring all areas of the store remain tidy
- Working as an active member of the team, supporting colleagues in all tasks
- Meeting high standards of display and visual merchandising to ensure the store is well presented. Accurately following planograms
- Demonstrate good product knowledge to customers on key promotions and offers. Approaching customers that may require assistance if you are on the shop floor
- Targeted on having appropriate Till Point Conversations with every customer to add on sales and increase the average transaction value.
- Some roles will involve pushing loaded trolleys of stock for long distances
- Flexibility with working hours and the availability of transport as some stores are open for 24 hours.
- Role will involve pushing heavy cages and moving stock over long distances
- Experience gained within a retail environment preferred
- Confident approach towards maximising sales opportunities
- Flexibility towards working hours
- Strong communication skills and ability to participate as a key team member
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Airside pass requirements – valid passport, 5 years continuous referencing, consent to undertake a Criminal Record Check
To apply please go to www.whsmithcareers.co.uk.
Closing date: Friday 7 April 2015
Swissport are now accepting applications for:
Baggage Handlers (ref: GHA/NCL @ insert preferred hours from the list below)
Salary: £6.80 per hour
15/20/25/30 hours per week available
Passenger Service Agents (ref: PSA/NCL)
Salary: £6.80 per hour
25 hours per week
Lounge Service Agent (ref: APSIRE/NCL)
Salary: £6.80 per hour
20 hours per week
Aircraft Dispatcher (ref: OCC/NCL previous aviation experience required.
Salary: £7.00 per hour
25 hours per week
On successful selection, candidates shall be provided with a 2 weeks of training. Employment commences immediately upon successful completion of 1 week introductory course. Additional practical training will be provided during the summer season and a certificate on completion of the contract on 31 October 2015.
To apply for this vacancy you must:
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Hold a full, UK/EU driving licence and have own transport
- Have the ability to work flexible shifts including early starts, late finishes and/or night shift
- To be available prior to start date
- Be able to provide a full 5 year employment history
- Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
To succeed in this role you should:
- Have the ability to communicate well - both verbally and written
- Demonstrate excellent Customer service skills
- Be self-motivated and proactive in your approach
- Be able to adapt and respond to changing situations
- Present a professional appearance and manner
- Be able to work well in a team as well as on own initiative
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
Should you wish to apply please download the form below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email subject must state Ref / YOUR NAME. Any applications without a subject reference shall not be considered
Closing date is 28 March 2015, All successful applicants will be contacted on selection.
- 24 hour permanent
- £6.56 per hour + commission
- Due to early starts and late openings own transport preferred
Summary of the role
Based in the exciting and busy departures terminal at the airport you will be ensuring customers have a great experience in the store and finding the right product for them. You will do this by understanding their needs, asking the right questions, sharing your passion and knowledge and bringing products to life through demonstrations. You will also work across all areas of the store as needed to support your colleagues in delivering an excellent customer experience and store profit targets.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are passionate about providing great customer service from the initial customer greeting right through to making sure they have an excellent customer experience. So if you like helping people and have an interest in technology, then Dixons Retail would love to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
- You will be the face of Dixons Travel greeting customers and making them feel welcome in our store
- Provide advice & guidance to customers to help them find the right product & services to meet their needs
- Learning about our products and services through our excellent in-house training
- Ensuring that all customers are happy with service both during the sale and after they have left the store
- Resolving customer queries and complaints brilliantly and in a timely, efficient and friendly manner
- Ensuring that all our store standards are achieved
- Providing support in other areas of the store as required
What will Dixons Retail do for me?
As a market leading specialist within the technology and electrical retail market we pride ourselves on providing a first class shopping experience for our customers with engaging and knowledgeable members of staff and in order to achieve this we offer:
- A first class continued colleague training programme covering both career development and product knowledge
- A competitive hourly rate with a bonus scheme that rewards you for excellent customer service and individual performance.
- 5.8 weeks annual leave (including statutory bank holiday)
- 10% colleague discount
- Most of all we provide exciting environment with excellent career prospects
If the above opportunity sounds of interest and you could see yourself working with Dixons Retail then start the ball rolling by applying today.
If you are interested please send your CV to Dutymanager_0677@dixonstravel.co.uk.