Introduction to Industrial Fire Fighting
To provide those individuals who form part of an emergency response team the opportunity to understand the principles of fires, firefighting and demonstrate those skills required when dealing with intense fire fighting situations here at the Academy.
Available on request
Academies own training establishment.
Learning objectives (dependent on the course)
- Fire Ground management
- Demonstrate the importance of effective team work
- Competent use of fire fighting equipment
- Experience intense heat fires in realistic conditions
Students should be physically fit and not suffer from any medical conditions. (This course can be strenuous). No pre study required. Course would suit individuals who have recently been appointed to their emergency response team.
- Fireground Communications
- Lecture - Chemistry of Fire
- Hose Running exercises
- Lecture – Use of secondary Firefighting media
- Hydrant drills
- Branch Handling Techniques
- Practical training and team work skills utilising various fire simulators
- Hot Fire exercises incorporating bunds, split flange, plant and vehicle
Fire Service Training Academy, Woolsington, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 8BZ
Tel: 0191 214 3337 / 3344
Fax:0191 214 3561
Please note that this email address is for training enquiries only. Any other enquiries directed to this address will not receive a response, and should be directed to the relevant address or phone number at www.newcastleairport.com/Contact-Information.