Newcastle International Airport Training Academy are accredited to deliver Level 2 & 3 Association of First Aiders Fire Safety and Fire Warden Qualifications (AoFAQ). AoFAQ is an awarding organisation recognised by Ofqual. When credibility and quality are paramount our AoFA qualifications give you confidence that we meet regulatory standards.
This one-day Fire Warden course is more in depth than Fire Awareness training and is aimed at all members of staff working within organisations across a wide range of sectors. The course is especially useful to those with a designated responsibility for fire safety, such as individuals who have been identified in your emergency plans as having a supervisory role in the event of a fire. It's also valuable for those intending to promote professional development within the area of fire risk management.
The course syllabus includes:
- The role of the Fire Warden (responsibilities)
- Fire Risk Assessments
- General Fire Safety and Fire Precautions
- Practical Firefighting (using an extinguisher)
- Smoke and smoke filled environments (practical)
- Fire Risk Assessment practical exercise
The objectives of the course are:
- Define the impact a fire can have on their business
- Define the legal requirements regarding Fire Safety
- Describe and conduct a basic Fire Risk Assessment
- Define the importance of means of escape and good housekeeping
- Be confident in the use of Fire Fighting equipment
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a Fire Warden
- How to identify risks and implement preventative measures
At the end of the training, the delegate’s knowledge and understanding is demonstrated by carrying out a practical assessment.
- 20th September 2016
- 18th October 2016
- 6th December 2016
- 12th July 2016
- 13th September 2016
- 11th October 2016
- 13th December 2016
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with current workplace fire safety legislation and guidance and as a result meets the training requirements detailed in the Department for Communities and Local Government guidance and current workplace fire safety legislation.
You can also find out more or secure your place on a course by emailing email@example.com or calling (0191) 214 3337.
Additional or bespoke courses can be arranged if demand is sufficient.