This one-day course is aimed at members of staff who are identified in your emergency plan as having a supervisory role in the event of a fire. The course also meets the training requirements described in current legislation and guidance.
This course is more detailed than the Fire Awareness Course and covers more subjects. The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with current workplace fire safety legislation and guidance. The delegate’s knowledge and understanding is demonstrated by carrying out a practical assessment.
None! Although ideally, delegates should have attended the Academy's Fire Awareness course or have a basic understanding of fire safety in the workplace.
Who should attend?
All staff will benefit from the training, particularly new employees and managers. The course is especially useful to those with a designated responsibility for fire safety. It's also valuable for those intending to promote professional development within the fire risk management criteria.
To enable staff with an enhanced fire safety role to meet the training requirements detailed in the Department for Communities and Local Government guidance and current workplace fire safety legislation.
Courses are available throughout the year and on request
At the Academy's premises.
One day course
- Define the impact a fire can have on their business
- Define the legal requirements regarding Fire Safety
- Describe and conduct a basic Fire Risk Assessment
- Define the importance of means of escape and good housekeeping
- Be confident in the use of Fire Fighting equipment
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a Fire Warden
- How to identify risks and implement preventative measures
- Course Aims and Objectives
- The role of the Fire Warden (Responsibilities)
- Fire Risk Assessments
- General Fire Safety and Fire Precautions
- Practical Firefighting - (Extinguisher)
- Smoke and smoke filled environments - (practical)
- Fire Risk Assessment practical exercise
- Course debrief and any questions
For more information or to make a booking contact:
+44 (0)191 2143582
+44 (0)191 2143209
+44 (0)191 2143246
+44 (0)191 2143561
Airport Fire Service
Newcastle International Airport
Newcastle Upon Tyne