Fire Fighter Bridging Course
This course is aimed at personnel who have previously completed an ex-forces or MOD Firefighters basic recruit’s course or LAFB Firefighter course, to which they can also currently demonstrate and prove their competence in the core skills i.e. knowledge, understanding and practical elements of a Firefighter also confirming that the candidate is a qualified and competent Breathing Apparatus wearer.
The aim of the course is to provide the necessary acquisition of knowledge and understanding, through delivery of a SLP, whereby individuals will gain the necessary skills to competently act in the Firefighter role at aircraft accidents / incidents , which will satisfy the laid down standards in the AFF units 1-12 defined in CAP 699.
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates are required to verify they have been medically
assessed, and deemed fit and able to undertake course activities prior to attendance.
On successful completion of this course a CAA certificate will be issued and be valid for a period
of 4 years. To gain access airside, all students must be in possession of either a valid passport or
photo type driving licence.
- The objectives of the course are that candidates will:
- Utilise the principles of dynamic risk assessment and safe person concept.
- Define primary and secondary media tactics used for firefighting.
- Specify tactics and techniques based on aircraft accident / incident case study(s).
- Demonstrate core Firemanship practical skills, (hose running, ladder drills, knots & lines)
- Demonstrate competence in application in the use of fire service equipment in ‘live’ fire scenarios.
- Demonstrate the appropriate tactics and techniques used when dealing with various simulated aircraft accident/incidents.
The length of the Firefighter ‘Bridging’ course will be 2 weeks. The SLP has been designed with appropriate competencies cross mapped to the role of Airport Firefighter units 1-12 in accordance with CAP 699.
- 16th - 27th March 2015
In order for the course to be efficient, enjoyable and provide a satisfying learning experience for candidates, which will allow ATP staff to meet individual learning needs it is recommended that the minimum student intake be 4 and the maximum 8. This will ensure that quality is never compromised.
Fire Service Training Academy
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 – 2143246/3344
Fax: 0191 – 2143561
£2995 + VAT
(Includes all meals and accomodation at Hilton Hotel Newcastle Airport)
For more information or to make a booking contact one of our team at Academy Contacts