Breathing Apparatus Revalidation
This course provides those individuals who have already completed a breathing apparatus wearer's course the opportunity to refresh their skills and knowledge when deploying breathing apparatus as part of an emergency response team.
Available on request
The academy's own training establishment.
Learning objectives (dependent on the course)
- Identify when to adopt breathing apparatus.
- Demonstrate the importance of effective team work.
- Understand the physical restraints of breathing apparatus
Students should be physically fit and not suffer from any medical conditions (this course can be strenuous). No pre-course notes are required as literature is distributed during the course. All training is conducted in accordance with current Fire Service technical bulletins (1/97).
Programme (dependent on the course)
- Physiology of respiration (theory presentation)
- Breathing apparatus set description
- Breathing apparatus cylinders / durations
- Breathing apparatus general checks
- Donning and start-up procedures
- Doffing procedures
- The importance of record keeping
- Technical Bulletin 1/1997 procedures
- Wearer distress (theory presentation)
- Entrapped procedures
- Walk/run/climb exercise (practical exercise)
- Breathing practical exercise in restricted vision
The Training Academy staff would be happy to attend your own site to identify how we could adapt our training to reflect your site needs to attend your own site.
Fire Service Training Academy,
Woolsington, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 8BZ
Tel: 0191 214 3337 / 3344
Fax: 0191 214 3561
Please note that this email address is for training enquiries only. Any other enquiries directed to this address will not receive a response, and should be directed to the relevant address or phone number at www.newcastleairport.com/Contact-Information.