The weight and number of hold baggage items permitted depends on the airline you are travelling with. Please check with your airline before you travel.
You'll also want to make sure you know the weight of your baggage before you check in, to avoid having to repack or remove items in the queue.
If your airline allows it, you may take more than one item of hand baggage through security control. Please check with your airline before arriving at the airport. Each piece of hand baggage must be no larger than:
- 56cm (22in) tall
- 45cm (17.7in) wide
- 25cm (10in) deep
Newcastle International Airport asks all passengers to follow our baggage policy for a smooth check-in and to minimise security risks. Please note the following advice:
- You must pack all your bags yourself. Do not allow anyone to tamper with them or take gifts on behalf of others.
- Ensure that all your bags are clearly labelled with your name and your destination address.
- Never leave baggage or personal belongings unattended in the terminal building. This is a security risk and as such, they may be removed or destroyed.
- Sharp items such as nail files and scissors should be packed in your main luggage and not carried in hand luggage. Any such items will be removed from hand luggage.
- Please observe the weight allowance shown on your ticket or your online booking confirmation.