Bird Hazard Control Course
The Bird Hazard Control Course is designed to provide the delegate with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills required to effectively control and manage bird and wildlife hazards on airfields and manage the habitat.
A course designed for Airfield Operations Personnel and other staff who carry out Bird Hazard Control and habitat management on aerodromes.
To provide delegates with knowledge, practical skills to manage effective avian and wildlife control and habitat management on airfields.
6th - 8th October 2014; Alternatively by arrangement and location;
Bespoke courses can be arranged for organisations on request.
£723 excl. VAT (incl. 2 nights accommodation and meals)
- 3 Day course (initial) which includes an off-site visit to a bird/wildlife sanctuary and practical tasks
- 2 Day course (refresher) which includes practical tasks
- An appointed person’s course is also available on request (duration 1 to 2 days) depending on requirements
Either at Newcastle International Airport premises or on your own site. (Subject to site survey)
1. Bird strikes
2. Bird Biology and Behaviour
3. Habitat Management / Aerodrome Ecology
4. Grass Policy
5. Bird Scaring Techniques and Equipment
7. The Law and Wild Birds
8. Lethal Control
9. Bird Control Operations (including Health and Safety)
10. Organisation, Management and Record Keeping
Learners must complete all modules and pass a competency test with a minimum pass mark.
Course materials including CAP documents.
All assessment for this course is criterion referenced, based on the achievement of specified learning outcomes.
For more information or to make a booking contact:
+44 (0)191 2143582
+44 (0)191 2143209
+44 (0)191 2143246
+44 (0)191 2143561
Airport Fire Service
Newcastle International Airport
Newcastle Upon Tyne